Friday, April 26, 2013

Christopher Meloni's Departure

On April 21, 2011, Christopher Meloni filmed his last scene- for Delinquent- as a last minute scene addition (1 out of 3) with Isabel Gillies. On May 24, 2011, it was announced that Christopher left the show after his negotiation meeting for season 13.
"It is true- 12 great years and time for the next chapter" 
-Christopher Meloni's Representative

"It's been an amazing right. Chris loves these people, but after 12 years it's time to go" 
-Bill Butler, Christopher's manager
"For the past 12 years, Chris Meloni has been my partner and friend, both on screen and off. He inspired me every day with his integrity, his extraordinary talent and his commitment to the truth. I love him deeply and will miss him terrible- I'm so excited to see what he'll do next."
-Mariska Hargitay
"I was surprised. We all negotiate separately...I'm not somebody who's dying to leave the show, but at the end of the day you still have to sit down with the execs and hammer it out. So I guess with Chris, it didn't go his way. I'm sad though. Me and Chris have been together a long time. You gotta understand, when you're number 1 or on those shows, you have no life, I mean, they're working 14 hours a day. They're not being greedy, it's really hard."
-Ice-T

No comments:

Post a Comment