Monday, December 31, 2012

Time Out New York Kids 2009

What was it like to save your TV marriage having just failed to salvage your own?
When I got back to New York, I desperately needed money and a job for my own self-esteem. The SVU producers called me and said, 'OK you're getting a divorce on the show.' I had lost like 20 pounds. TV loves that. I had had this experience and I had been teaching acting, so my chops were sharp. I did 1 scene and suddenly they wrote me into the show. So, I really did save my TV marriage!

Did any of your fellow cast members on SVU help you through the tough times?
No, they weren't involved in this at all. Mariska Hargitay is a very good friend of mine but that happened after all this. We started working together more after I was back in New York

No comments:

Post a Comment