Friday, August 10, 2012

For Starters

                                 
I didn't actually plan to do this but I saw something that really pissed me off so I got inspired. I saw an Elliot-Olivia shipper post something in the lines of "Elliot-Kathy shippers should not post anything, they don't have the right" blah blah blah. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? But the worst thing about it is that it's over a TV show. A TV show! Can you believe that? Well I'm an Elliot-Kathy shipper, I am not ashamed of saying so, I say it LOUD and PROUD. I will defend my ship, even if they aren't on TV anymore. It's called loyalty. They think, or thought, that everyone was an EO shipper. I am proof that I am not like "everyone" else. Believe it or not, there are EK shippers. And believe me, we are very  happy with the way things went: Elliot retired from SVU and is with Kathy and their children. Or at least, I'm happy about that.
I would like to say that I do not plan on trash talking the EO shippers or Elliot and Olivia's relationship. I'm going to put down what happened on the show, what was said, etc. as neutral as possible. 

Over the next few days, weeks, years, this blog will feature articles, quotes, screen caps, pictures, whatever I have my hands on that prove that Elliot really did love his wife Kathy and was committed to his family. I will post to my heart's content. However, this blog is not going to be updated forever. It will eventually end unless there's something worthy to add (a return to SVU, a mention in an interview, important news, etc) but I'll be sure to keep it online for many many years.
You can call it an obsession. It kinda is, I admit it as much. But I also like to think of the as a good source guide. Like if you forgot an episode with a certain line or you're looking for an article about Christopher Meloni talking about Elliot Stabler- this blog could help!
But I would like to point out that while this may be an obsession, there are quite a number of crazy pages and things that are nuthouse crazy! There are quite a number of people who will make up a twitter account or Facebook/Myspace page of their favorite character/couple and even go as far as pretending to be that person- even if it was a fictional character! I could understand a twitter account as a tribute as it's just the same as this blog.

The episodes will be random- there's no order or anything to go with a certain phase (like the Stabler separation, Kathy's pregnancy/birth of Eli, Elliot's mother, Jo Marlowe, etc).
Meanwhile the articles are almost in chronological order.

No comments:

Post a Comment